Yuri Kubrushko is Founder and Managing Partner of IMEPOWER company focusing on strategy and investment advisory practice. He advised on structuring and financing of large infrastructure projects on electricity generation, transmission, distribution as well as gas production.
Mr. Kubrushko advised on more than 200 projects in the energy sector of Ukraine, including for such clients as AES Corporation, Axpo Trading, CEZ, Contour Global, DTEK, EBRD, EDF, EDP Renewables, ENEL, Freepoint Commodities, IFC, Mitsubishi, RBS Sempra, Sumitomo, Wildhorse Energy, and the World Bank.
Mr. Kubrushko has Ph.D. degree in economics awarded by the Kyiv National Economic University.
- Assisting the Parliament Fuel and Energy Sector Committee in preparing Draft Law introducing new renewable energy support scheme via auctions
- Acting as Deputy Project Director for the EBRD’s Ukraine Sustainable Energy Lending Facility (EUR 140 million program for renewable energy project financing)
- Advising IFC on improving bankability of the Ukrainian renewable energy sector
- Advising Axpo Trading on organizing gas supplies from Europe to Ukraine
- Acting as expert witness on VIAC arbitration related to electricity export from Ukraine
- Advising on USD 25 million transaction concerning purchase of the Ukrainian gas producer
- Advising Wildhorse Energy on development of underground coal gasification projects
- Supporting electricity cross-border trading operations performed by the European commodity traders
- Acting as expert witness on LCIA arbitration related to valuation of power distribution companies
- Preparing Ukraine’s energy sector studies for ENEL and CEZ
- Acting as Deputy Project Director for USAID Ukraine Energy Privatization Support Project resulting in successful privatization of 6 power distribution companies
Contact Yuri Kubrushko on LinkedIn