Liliya Surzhenko is Executive Partner of IMEPOWER legal practice. She advised on structuring and financing of numerous renewable energy projects, energy market and regulatory framework, harmonization of the Ukrainian legislation with the EU Directives, and organization of public private partnerships.
Before joining IMEPOWER Ms. Surzhenko worked as in-house regulatory counsel at AES Ukraine and as senior lawyer at US law firm Hunton & Williams working at the premises of the National Energy and Utilities Regulatory Commission in the framework of USAID-funded energy market reform project.
- Performing legal due diligence of 450 MW wind project
- Assisting the European investor in purchase of 110 MW wind project and bringing it to ready to build status
- Acting as Senior Legal Expert for the EBRD’s Ukraine Sustainable Energy Lending Facility (EUR 140 million program for renewable energy project financing)
- Performing due diligence of 30 MW solar portfolio in Odessa region
- Advising US investor on enforceability of the Power Purchase Agreement
- Advising IFC on improving bankability of the Ukrainian renewable energy sector
- Supporting 40+ operators of renewable power plants in obtaining electricity generation license, approval of the feed-in tariff, and signing of the PPA
- Performing social impact assessment of the solar power plant portfolio for OPIC
- Reviewing market and regulatory framework for renewable energy project development for Sumitomo Corporation
- Corporate development support of transmission system operator NPC Ukrenergo
- Advising on high voltage power transmission line recovery and organization of export to the Eastern Europe
- Performing legal due diligence of 100 MW wind project in the Crimea for US investor
- Advising European commodities traders on electricity off-take from Ukraine, negotiating Power Purchase Agreements on the basis of EFET templates