Eugenia Zagumennova-Krupovich is Senior Legal Advisor at IMEPOWER company focusing on legal and regulatory framework of electricity market. For many years she has been advising Members of the Parliament Fuel and Energy Sector Committee and is a part of a core team drafting the Law on Electricity Market and the Law on Energy Regulator.
Prior to joining IMEPOWER, Eugenia worked with the NEURC as legal expert and senior legal expert involved in drafting and legal analysis of the documents regulating electricity and gas markets, licensing procedures, pricing, etc.
- Advising special Working Group of the Parliament Committee on preparation of the Draft Law introducing new electricity market model (bilateral contracts and balancing market), processing 1,200 submitted proposals and amendments
- Advising power generating company on implications of market liberalization envisaged by the Law on Electricity Market
- Assisting the Parliament Fuel and Energy Sector Committee in preparing the Draft Law introducing new renewable energy support scheme via auctions
- Acting as Senior Legal Expert for the EBRD’s Ukraine Sustainable Energy Lending Facility (EUR 140 million program for renewable energy project financing)
- Implementing of the Acquis Communautaire within the framework of fulfillment of commitments within Ukraine’s joining the Energy Community Treaty
- Advising IFC on improving bankability of the Ukrainian renewable energy sector
- Corporate development support of transmission system operator NPC Ukrenergo
- Drafting the Debt Restructuring Law (the so-called Law 2711) introducing special system for debt settlements, offsets, and write-offs in fuel and energy sector
- Drafting legal and normative documents to harmonize the Ukrainian laws with the EU Directives 2005/89/EC and 2004/67/EC