We provide comprehensive advice and support to international investors:
- market entry and investment strategy
- asset due diligence and valuation
- structuring and implementation of investment projects
- preparation of market/sector studies and forecasts
- legal and regulatory advice
- development of risk mitigation schemes
- acquisition and transaction support.
The following companies were among our clients: AES Corporation, CEZ, Contour Global, DTEK, EDP Renewables, Electricite de France, ENEL, GS Holding, Inter RAO UES,Invenergy, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Sumitomo Corporation, Tractebel, Union Fenosa.
We provide extensive support to the companies developing projects in energy sector:
- origination of project opportunities
- due diligence of existing projects
- preparation of business plans and feasibility studies
- negotiations with the state agencies and local authorities
- drafting contracts, getting necessary permits and licenses
- supervision of project development and implementation
- procurement support.
We advised the following companies on the development of “green field” and “brown field” projects in Ukraine: ADP (Korea), Compagnie du Vent (France), Eunergo (Belgium), Greenworx (Belgium), Independent Power Corporation (UK), S4E (Germany), Terna Energy (Greece), WKN Windkraft Nord (Germany), Wildhorse Energy (Australia).
We were involved in analysis, planning and structuring of the largest investment projects in the Ukrainian energy sector, including: construction of Dniester Hydro Pumped Storage Station, construction of the back-to-back station at the connection with the ENTSO-E system, construction of Dobrotvir Thermal Power Plant-2, reconstruction of 750 kV line from Moldova TPP to Isaccea substation, reconstruction of Kharkiv CHP-5, construction of CCGT and CHP plants in Crimea.
We work as independent experts for international financial institutions providing financing to energy sector companies and projects and assist them with:
- independent project assessment and due diligence (legal, regulatory, financial)
- preparation of feasibility studies
- review of legal, regulatory and market framework
- forecast of energy sector development, including price/tariff forecasts
- identifying major risks and strategy for their mitigation
- project implementation and development support.
We worked for the following lenders in the course of our operations: Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, International Financial Corporation, Korean Export Import Bank, OeKB, NEFCO, Raiffeisen, UniCredit, World Bank.
We have significant track record of advising the Parliament Fuel and Energy Sector Committee, the Ukrainian state agencies and public authorities on a wide range of issues, including:
- energy sector restructuring
- reform and liberalization of electricity, gas, coal and heat markets
- development of regulatory framework, drafting laws and normative documents
- harmonization of the Ukrainian legislation with the EU Directives and legislation
- privatization and public private partnerships
- institutional support and development
- financial restructuring.
The following state authorities have been our clients and partners: Ministry of Energy and Coal, National Electricity Regulatory Commission, State Energy Efficiency Agency, State Nuclear Regulatory Committee, State Property Fund, Wholesale Electricity Market Operator.
On numerous occasions we advised the companies from electricity, gas, coal, heating and waste treatment sectors on:
- corporate governance and reorganization
- financial recovery, debt restructuring, bankruptcy
- structuring investment projects and attraction of investments
- operational and commercial aspects, tariff setting and licensing
- contractual and regulatory framework.
We advised more than 30 Ukrainian companies, including: Naftogas of Ukraine, NEC Ukrenergo, Energoatom, Ukrhydroenergo, Centrenergo, Dniproenergo, Donbasenergo, Zakhidenergo, Schidenerego, Dniester Hydro Pumped Storage Plant, Kharkiv CHP-5, Kherson CHP, Severodonetsk CHP, AES-Kyivoblenergo, Kyivenergo, Donetskoblenergo, Krymenergo, Zhytomyroblenergo.
International Financial Institutions
We participated in 100+ technical assistance projects financed by the following international financial institutions:
- Department for International Development (UK)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- European Commission
- World Bank.
Our partners in most of these projects were distinguished international advisory and engineering companies such as: AF Consult, AF Mercados EMI, AMEC NNC, EGIS, Deloitte, EDF Hydro Engineering Center, Fichtner, iC Consuelten, KPMG, PWC, Sargent Lundy.
We have in-depth understanding of electricity and gas export, import and transit operations providing advice to energy traders on:
- preparation of market entry strategy and introductions
- drafting electricity purchase-sale and transit contracts
- negotiations with the Ukrainian authorities, including transmission system operators
- legal and licensing support.
Our clients in this area include: Axpo Trading, EDF Trading, European Federation of Energy Traders (EFET), Freepoint Commodities, JP Morgan Energy Europe, RBS Sempra Energy.